As the chosen suppliers for some Government websites, app, and Software Development Projects, Webilize understands the importance of abiding by the rigours of Government Outsourcing Solicitation and Procurement processes. At Webilize (Portfolio and Testimonials), we specialize in working with Government organizations in coming through on high-quality deliverables within their specified timelines and budgets. As a Development company in a crowded marketplace, we are very proud to have aligned with some amazing organizations over the years and have developed strong technical relationships with them. www.webilize.com.
The Government Source Selection Process
Selecting an outside Supplier/ Vendor for Government projects will typically go through a rigorous bid evaluation process. The purpose of bid evaluation is to determine which vendor provides the best response that fits the technical and financial evaluation/selection methods as specified in the solicitation documents. There is typically a question and answer period where vendors can ask clarification questions. Submit bids before the specified deadline. In addition to price, quality, references, employee resumes, company background, technical knowledge and experience, business analysis capabilities, and project management systems may all play a factor on a weighted evaluation scale.
The procurement personnel or the Project champion will prepare one of the following documentations for vendor solicitation:
- Request for Information (RFI): Used when more information needed from the vendors. An RFQ or RFP will typically follow it.
- Request for Quotation (RFQ): Commonly used when requirements are known, but the information needed on how vendors would meet requirements or how much it will cost.
- Request for Proposal (RFP): Used when a problem is known, but it is not known how to solve it. Usually, the most formal name of the "Request for" processes and has strict procurement rules for content, timeline, and vendor responses.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): Used to shortlist potential suppliers before seeking individual bids from the shortlisted tenderers. An EOI used when the information required from bidders is specific, but the agency is unsure of the capability of suppliers to provide the necessary goods and services.
Over the years, Webilize was fortunate to have been chosen as the selected suppliers for several Government organizations. Below is a list of just a few fantastic projects that we worked on:
1. BC Ministry of Forest
Webilize had the privilege of working on the BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) invasive plant program which manages the Invasive Alien Plant Program (IAPP) application, a web-based Oracle database. The app also offers the ability to run a wide variety of extracts and reports. IAPP data entry permissions granted by the Ministry and secured by username and password. Data is entered by more than 60 organizations around the province that operate invasive plant management programs on lands for which they are responsible.
Webilize was also fortunate to have worked on the Report-a-Weed & Report Invasive BC Apps. The Report-a-Weed BC is a smartphone app for the iPhone/iPad and Android platform. This app allows anyone in BC to report an invasive plant sighting, which is then verified by a specialist and – if found to be correct – entered into IAPP manually by the specialist.
Also, Webilize had built its new Agricultural Best Management Practices app, which is a 'sister app' to the Report-a-Weed (RAW) and Report Invasives BC apps. The main focus of this Agricultural BMP app is to supply plant identification and management information to agricultural users across BC. The secondary focus is on reporting of high priority species only, which will be limited to approximately 20 species.
First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is an independent society committed to improving education for all first nations students in BC. FNESC has a powerful system called Data Records and User Management System (DRUMS) that first nation schools, teachers, and students use for course schedules, attendance, report cards, ministry requirements, and others. The Webilize team led the technical development of the DRUMS system since January 2013. Our team successfully implemented several key features for the system and continually took care of DBA duties, day-to-day maintenance, and requests for FNESC. DRUMS is an enterprise-level application with over a hundred tables and many complex requirements like student report cards, marks, attendance, schedules, teacher management, student management, and school management. Features included:
- Schedules for courses and classes
- Calendar features for attendance
- Advanced forms for marks, attendance, setup
- Multi-step forms for storing information
- Extracts for inputs into ministry systems
- Email system for communication
- Advanced User and Role Management
- Large Database Design
- Upgrade to ASP.Net 4.5.1
- AJAX Pages
First Nations Fisheries Council (FNFC) wanted to integrate SharePoint into their daily activities. CEO Jordan Green and CFO Karl Dhillon led the initiative for creating the SharePoint portal for their organization and contracted Webilize for this. The Webilize team worked closely with the FNFC team to learn and understand their requirements and workflows. Based on the requirement analysis, we developed an implementation plan and successfully delivered it with several key features to improve efficiency and communication throughout the organization. Features included:
- SharePoint 360 development on the cloud
- Active Directory Integration for single sign-on
- Shared meeting calendars across the organization
- Document Management for resource management and sharing
- User and Role management for access roles
- Team & Department Sections
The Ashcroft Indian Band believes in a strong, healthy community where people and traditional values are respected. Webilize designed a well-branded UX design that captured the history and culture of Ashcroft. The WordPress website includes a Newsletter Sign-up Call to Action button, as well as a seamlessly integrated Council Meeting Calendar.
We would love to be included in your Government RFP, RFQ, RFI, EOI Supplier Selection Process for Websites, Apps, and Software Design & Development Projects. Please email or call us. www.webilize.com
Other articles you might be interested in